Sunday, November 9, 2008

Celebrate Fall

We have had a good week. Gavin had his "Fall" Party on Thursday. We've had three playdates. I packed in as much as possible in this last week before I start work.

Gavin's teachers really put together a nice party, more than what I was expecting when I was told about the Fall party. But, this is my first school party, so I didn't know what to expect. There were lots of goodies to eat, provided by the parents. (I took a veggie tray and strawberries.) The kids were paraded in by the teachers to perform the Fall song they practiced. Much to my amusement, the "role-model" kids gravitated together, and the performance was so cute. The role models were singing and motioning appropriately to the tune, and Gavin & Company were in their own little world, jumping around, staring absently, spinning heads, etc., completely oblivious to the activity at hand. (Pardon my amusement, but these kids are quite endearing.) The party was great, complete with games and pictures with the teacher. Gavin is really enjoying his class, and I'm so pleased with the staff and quality of education he's receiving.

This week starts a new era for our family - or perhaps just a reversion to the old era. I go back to work full time, so a few things will change. Aside from increased dirty laundry and fewer home-cooked meals, Gavin will be riding the bus to school and we won't be able to visit with our new friends during the weekdays. I am looking forward to the routine, however. Gavin will be staying at home and going to school with the nurses who have been with him for the past few weeks. His Grandpap will be visiting with him each Wednesday afternoon to watch him. And I'll be sure to enjoy every second I'm with him in the evenings and on weekends.








Gavin and Teacher, Ms. Loretta
Gavin & Friends, performing the Fall song

Oh, did I mention he was grouchy that day?

Gavin & good buddy, Claire - Grams & Grandpap's neighbor







1 comment:

Karen said...

That looks like a great party. His classroom looks like great fun!!

Good luck with work and the new routine!!